Safety Precautions on Drilling Machines
Drilling machines have some special safety precautions that are in addition to those listed in Chapter 1.
DRILLING MACHINE SAFETY
Drilling machines are one of the most dangerous hand operated pieces of equipment in the shop area. Following safety procedures during drilling operations will help eliminate accidents, loss of time, and materials. Listed below are safety procedures common to most types of drilling machines found in the machine shop.
- Milling Set-Up
- Machine Kits
- Granite CNC Kits
- Machining Handbook - adapted from the US Army's Handbook "Fundamentals of Machine Tools"
- Chapter 1. Introduction to the Machine Shop
- Chapter 2. Properties, Identification and Heat Treatment of Metals
- Chapter 3. Lathes
- Chapter 4. Milling Operations
- Chapter 5. Milling, Drilling And Slotting Attachments
- Chapter 6. Drilling Machines
- Chapter 7. Sawing Machines
- Chapter 8. Portable Machine Tools